Thanks to my Kickstarter supporters, friends, and editors who helped with its creation, Corporia has received an ENnie award nomination in the ‘Best Electronic Book’ category! Voting will be open until July 30th. Click HERE to go vote!
There are some great products in this year’s nominations, but in this particular category I think Corporia has a lot going for it:
- Single-column format designed so that you can easily read one page on a tablet, or a two-page spread on a desktop monitor.
- A detailed table of contents and each chapter begins with its own mini table of contents for ease of reference.
- A prominent color appearing throughout each chapter (the character chapter is green, the equipment chapter is red, the assets and magic chapter is orange, and so on). These colors actually make cross-referencing instinctive as your brain makes the automatic association between color and chapter.
- Naturally, the PDF is extensively bookmarked and provides clickable/touchable links whenever a page number or section is mentioned in the body, the tables of contents, and the index.
- Sections of the sample character sheet and the city district map are specially numbered and hyperlinked (and color-coordinated!).
- The index uses red text to indicate the links intended for the Director’s (aka game master’s) eyes only.
- Section numbering so all digital and print electronic edition references will match up even if you ignore the page numbers.
- An overall design sense specifically targeted towards electronic reading!
Whether you vote or not, thanks for reading! And thanks once again to my Kickstarter backers – this award is as much yours as it is mine, since you helped fund the design and production costs to make it the best electronic book that I could create.