You know how I said in my last post that Corporia was now 204 pages? Well, that was accurate. However… since it’s going to be printed in 16-page signatures, that it should be 208 pages! Sigh. You’d think I would have noticed that before now, but as pages got added and deleted and moved around, somehow I lost four pages.
(Professionally printed books have many pages printed per sheet of large paper, which is then folded and cut where necessary to produce a signature of several smaller sheets.)
That means the update in my last blog post (what I have left to complete) now looks more like this:
- the covers (1/2 FINISHED)
- the intro page
- add four pages of art/text
- the city overview map (FINISHED!)
- create 2 pages worth of in-world art (FINISHED!)
- a final round of grammar/spellchecking
- the character ‘lifepath’ background document (a Kickstarter sponsor bonus) (FINISHED, not including some art tweaking)
- price the stretch goals for softcover and hardcover
- price physical sponsor reward(s)
- finalize “see page XXX” references (but not until Kickstarter beta playtesting ends)
- index (but not until Kickstarter beta playtesting ends)
- sponsors page (but not until Kickstarter beta playtesting ends)
So – getting there!